Most people invest more time planning their holiday than they do their lives!
And then they wonder why a whole other year passes without them actually having achieved any of the things they have often dreamed of doing.
Really cool things; like heli-skiing in New Zealand, visiting Japan during the Cherry Blossom season, finally renovating that outdoor area, running the New York Marathon, going back to study, creating some “me time”, introducing date night.
It doesn’t have to be a big thing for you it might be cleaning out your pantry or organizing your spare room to create a “me space”.
The thing is stuff doesn’t ‘just happen’ because you “wish it” would. You need to have a plan.
7 “Musts” to Increase Your Chance for Success in Achieving Your Goals
- Create A Plan – Write down your goals
- Break down each goal into actionable steps
- Set your Goals using the SMARTER goal criteria (google how to do this)
- TAKE ACTION – yes you have to start doing stuff
- When you get stuck, ASK for help. It’s ok you don’t have to do it all on your own.
- Review your goals regularly: daily, weekly and monthly. The more you keep them in the front of mind the more focused your energy, thoughts, and actions are.
- Surround yourself with like-minded people that will support you in achieving your goals, not giving you a hard time. Join our “Intention Seekers” a goal setting support group, starting in January 2017.
What is Intention and Why is it Important?
Your Intention, where you set your mind, thoughts, will and emotions; when you comprehend the power of SETTING your INTENTION, you DETERMINE to act in a certain way, you bring into play a lot of energy that will help you achieve your goals, and it is one of the key distinctions that makes a difference to you achieving your goals or not. It is one of the missing things from traditional goal setting.
Now if this sounds a little weird to you, I know the first time I heard it, it sounded a bit weird to me, but I was willing to give it a shot and see if there was any merit to it.
You will hear me bang on about Intention quite a bit, and what this means for you, it will help you get focused on what’s important, why you are doing what you are doing.
It’s OK to make some mistakes along the way.
It doesn’t matter if you mess it up a little, and make some mistakes, and when things don’t go to plan, just try a different way. It’s not about doing things perfect. It’s about having a go, entering into the fro and having a crack.
“I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes. Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You’re doing things you’ve never done before, and more importantly, you’re doing something.” Neil Gaima.
Tried Goal Setting in the Past?
Now if you’re thinking I’ve tried setting goals in the past and it hasn’t worked, or it was a bit hit and miss. I totally get it. That was me not very long ago. What I’ve discovered along the way that GOAL setting has so many intricate pieces of the puzzle, and traditional goal setting doesn’t include the missing links that I’ve added to our Intention Seekers group.
What You’ll Get From Intention Seekers;
…………………………………..the lifestyle that’s right for you.
- Time for yourself and hang with supportive like-minds
- Share Ideas and Create that amazing life you’ve always dreamed of
- Tools, Tips, Strategies that will “unblock” your limits
- Celebrate your wins with people that “get you”
- Reconnect with creative pursuits, hobbies etc
- Create some spare in your life to ‘just breathe’
- Less of ‘running on empty’ all the time
- Discover how to stop putting everyone else and their needs before yours
- Take back control of your life, your choices, your freedom and time
Remember you have to take action to achieve you goals, so if this article has spoken to you, if it’s resonated with you on some level, message me now to find out about our TLC Goal Setting support group starting in late January 2017. Here’s my number 0419597571.
Create A Life You Love,